I'll note my changes to his original recipe and the products I used.
First a preview in pictures.
Vegan Zombie Brownies
(indicates my changes/product)
Preheat oven 350
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread (room temp)
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Shortening (used another 1/4 c. of Earth Balance Buttery Spread didn't have the shortening)
- 1 cup sugar (organic sugar)
- 3/4 cup silken tofu
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (So Delicious vanilla coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (Crazy Richards crunchy it's all we had)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (part dark, part regular, it's what we had)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup flour (1/2 whole wheat pastry and 1/2 white flour)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- handful of chocolate chips (vegan) (mega chunk)
You pretty much assemble and mix in order. Just don't over mix. His directions are actually given during the webisode which again I highly recommend if not for the recipe but comic content.
As I mentioned they aren't bad and Aaron has given them 2 thumbs up!