Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cupcakesmakes 10
- 1.5 C all-purpose flour
- 3 T. cocoa powder (I added some more for more chocolate flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 C. sugar (used organic)
- 2 T. vegetable oil (used coconut oil)
- 1/4 C. chopped avocado (more is ok)
- 1 C. water
- 1 T. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Chop the avocado and add to a blender or food processor. Add oil, water, vanilla, vinegar, and the sugar.
2. Blend well until avocado is pureed completely.
3. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry.
5. Gently whisk together until you see no traces of the dry ingredients in the batter.
6. Pour into the lined cupcake tin about 3/4 of the way
7. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out with dry crumbs. (original recipe said 30 mins way TOO long, at least in my oven) I checked after about 15 mins.
Peanut Butter Frosting1/2 C. butter, softened (non-dairy EarthBalance used)
1 C. creamy peanut butter
2 C. powdered sugar
2-3 T. milk of choice